Reasons to Join Bottled Up
At Bottled-up we have taken the best of traditional programs for the families of alcoholics, blended it with research, then filtered it through our own personal experience to create a unique program of action. Our goal is to give you a program that will empower you to take more control of your life and help your whole family, including your drinker.
Bottled Up was originally opened in autumn of 2009. Since then, thousands of people from all over the world have been helped by it. In this updated version, we have refined some of the original program and added new features, to better meet the needs of our members. So, as well as all the previous features, Bottled Up now provides a much-expanded service to help you and your family. One of these new features is a guided Intervention, to help you to talk to your drinker about your concerns. This comes complete with complete with how-to videos as well as videos of John talking about his own drinking and recovery. The Intervention is unique to Bottled Up and cannot be found anywhere else.
One of the biggest changes is the incorporation of Bottled Up for Drinkers (BUD). We listened to our members who told us they wanted to be able to help their drinker, the result was BUD. BUD was originally created as the award-winning website 24/7 Help Yourself. As a member of Bottled Up you will have free access to this website for your drinker. BUD is full of unique tools that have helped many to change their drinking behaviour for over decade. Normally membership of BUD would cost £30 (for 3 months), as a member of Bottled Up, your drinker will have access for free.
10 Reasons to Join Bottled Up
- Get access to a wealth of information on alcoholism and recovery. Information that is presented in articles, ebooks, videos and audios. You can download the materials and listen to them in your car, in the gym or walking the dog. Because we know that living with a drinker is stressful, we want to make Bottled Up as convenient as possible.
- Benefit from the support of others in a similar situation. The Bottled Up forum is one of the things that we take great pride in. We love that, even in their own difficult situations, our members want to help and support each other. It is like a family.
- Get strategies to reduce your levels of stress and worry. Let us show you how to detach and take some of the stress out of your life.
- Find ways to improve your home and social life. Most people who live with a drinker find that they have no social life. This may be because they no longer get invited to parties or it may be that the shame means that they do want to go out. Let us help you to change that.
- Reduce the impact of drinking on your life. We created SHARE for two reasons. First to assess the drinking and secondly as a way of looking at the drinking that would allow you to make practical changes that would help reduce the negative consequences.
- Discover tips to improve your relationship. You don’t need us to tell you that living with a drinker can damage a relationship. Another important tool we created is LOVE, we made it to try and stop relationships becoming a battlefield. We are sure that you recognise that it is important to have a relationship left when the drinking stops and recovery begins.
- Learn how to address the drinking issue in a positive and effective way. There are ways that we tend to react when things are not going well, these are natural reactions. Unfortunately, they can make things worse (the situation and your stress levels) rather that better. We’ll show you some of the obvious ones so that you can reduce their effect..
- Be guided to carry out an Intervention with your drinker. Bottled Up offers a unique Intervention that you will not find anywhere else. It comes complete with how to videos and step by step instructions.
- Access authentic assessments for alcohol problems. In Bottled Up for Drinkers you can access clinical tools used by treatment agencies. These can be filled in online and will give not just a score but also a recommendation about what to do next.
- If you want more personal interaction Lou and John will be doing live inputs on a regular basis.
- If you want an even more personal interaction we offer a 1-to-1 , face to face, telephone or skype. These sessions are by appointment only and are charged at £40 per hour.
OK we know, that is actually 12 reasons not 10. That’s because we are continually working hard at Bottled Up to increase the help, support and the value that we provide. So come an join us and get all the help that Bottled Up provides